ADC70 is the Transportation Energy Committee of the Transportation Research Board (TRB) of the U.S. National Academies of Sciences, Engineering and Medicine.
ADC70 is tasked to consider energy efficiency, use and policy in passenger and freight transportation; resulting impacts on energy consumption, energy security and the environment; greenhouse gas emissions; and related public concerns.
Section & subcommittees
ADC70 is within the ADC00 Energy & Environment section of the AD000 Planning & Environment group. It has several subcommittees; some of these are joint with other committees:
- ADC70(1) International Aspects of Transportation Energy.
- ADC70(2) Climate Change.
- A joint subcommittee with ADC80 Alternative Transportation Fuels & Technologies and ADD40 Transportation & Sustainability.
- Chairs: Rich Baldauf, Adam Millard-Ball.
- ADC70(3) Energy & Demand Implications of Connected & Automated Vehicles.
- ADB40(2) Integrated Transport Modeling.
Presentations & documents
Please upload your presentation slides, posters and handouts from the 2017 Annual Meeting!
2017 Annual Meeting
Previous Annual Meetings
Presentation slides and posters are organized by session number. In some years, documents are also available from meetings of ADC70 and its subcommittees.
Other meetings & documents
- 2010 Environment & Energy Conference
- Asilomar 2015, 2013, 2007 →
- 2003: Asilomar proposal — fuel cycles studies — "big issues" policy studies
- Awards given by the committee.
- Photos of committee meetings and other activities.
- Committee Members and Friends of the committee can access a private discussion group on the web or by e-mail.
- ADC70 page on the main TRB website, with links to official resources.